Recognition at St Raphael’s
BDA Good Practice Scheme
St Raphael’s Dental Practice received recognition by the British Dental Association in 2012. As a result of this our practice became a member of the British Dental Association Good Practice Scheme. The scheme recognises dental practices committed to quality and provide the best level of patient care.
The Good Practice Scheme recognition benefits
Our values as a Good Practice Scheme member are:
- Our practice has robust quality assurance frameworks in place.
- We are commitment to providing high quality dental care.
- Our team will remain up to date with mandatory training and professional development.
- Assists in the development of a confident, professional and inspired dental team
- Improves patient communication and transparency.
- Supports the development of the practice and patient services.
The Good Practice Scheme recognition Quality Statement:
Ten simple commitments that sum up everything the good practice scheme strives for:
- Our practice aims to provide high quality dental care.
- We provide dental care that meets our patients needs and wishes.
- Our team aims to make any dental treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- We look after our patients health and safety.
- Our team members follow the latest guidelines relating to infection control.
- We check for mouth cancer and we will tell you what we find.
- Our team all participate in ongoing professional development.
- All our team members receive training and we review our training plans annually.
- Our team welcomes any feedback and we will always promptly deal with any complaints.
- Every member of our team is aware of the need to work safely under the current guidelines.
Investors in People
Investors in People is a scheme that was set up in 1991. The scheme sets standards for organisations to recognise the contribution made by the team who work for us. The scheme demonstrates a commitment towards quality in people management. The standard also sets out objectives and a commitment around continuous improvement in practice. This is achieved through the recognition of our people who work for our practice by providing them with training, continued learning and development.
Investors in People recognised St Raphael’s Dental Practice in 2012 and was based on meeting the following standards.
- People management
- Management effectiveness
- Performance measurement
- Continued improvement