NHS Dental Charges at St Raphael’s
NHS Dental Charges: Effective from April 2019
|Band 1 covers an examination, diagnosis and advice. If necessary, it also includes x-rays a scale and polish and planning for further treatment||£22.70|
|Band 2 covers all treatment covered by Band 1, plus additional treatment, such as fillings, root canal treatment and removing teeth (extractions)||£62.10|
|Band 3 covers all treatment covered by Bands 1 and 2, plus more complex procedures, such as crowns, dentures and bridges||£269.30|
|Under 18 years||FREE|
Criteria for exemptions from NHS Dental Charges
Free NHS treatment may be available for some people if they fit specific criteria.
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit guarantee credit
- Named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate or entitled to an NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- Named on a valid HC2 certificate
- Aged under 18
- Under 19 and receiving full-time education
- Pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months
- Universal Credit
Help maybe available for NHS charges, particularly if you are a student, pensioner, working part-time or on a low income.
You will need to complete an HC1 form. These are available from our receptionist. On successful application, any charges you have paid maybe reimbursed by the DSS. Please ensure you keep your NHS receipts.
Alternatively, you may wish to complete the form prior to making an appointment. In which case only the charges outlined in your DSS certificate will need to be paid. Please bring your returned HC1 form with you.
Replacement NHS dental appliances
If you lose or break an NHS dental appliance (denture, bridge or orthodontic appliance). Your dentist may need to replace this for you. The dental practice will charge you (£80.70 per appliance from 1 April 2019).
You will have to pay even if you normally qualify for free or reduced cost NHS dental services. But you may be able to claim a refund from the NHS Business Services Authority if:
- Paying the charge caused you undue financial hardship, or
- You took reasonable care of the appliance.